Progress Bar


Friday, March 29, 2013

BYOC

Courtesy of Draz, I brought my own crazy.

1.What’s your first reaction when you get really angry?
I picture myself like a cartoon character, with steam coming out of my ears. But I’m probably just very loud and profane. I do not bottle up. Just today, I went off on a tirade about how CAPTCHA is the scourge of humanity. I spend so much time trying to convince Blogger that I’m not a robot, that I’m now convinced I may in fact be a robot. I may also be prone to hyperbole.

2. When is the last time you cried in sadness or in joy?
I am a crybaby. I cried during New Girl the other night, and the last time In Her Shoes was on TV, and if I just THINK about The Fault In Our Stars… It’s ridiculous.

3. If the stars aligned and everything was perfect from your partner to your job and income and everything – how many kids would you choose to have?
If everything were perfect, I’d have a second, because I am dying for a little girl. And in this perfect world scenario, I get to pick the gender, right? But in the imperfect world, I don’t think we can afford another, and I’m 35. Our son is going to be 6 in a few weeks, and I kind of feel like I missed my window. But I grew up an only child and was just fine. More peace and quiet for reading! And who knows? Maybe one day we’ll look into fostering. I always thought I’d be pretty awesome at that.

4. If you won the lottery – what is the first purchase you’d make?
Oh no! This is so hard! I want ALL OF THE THINGS! I’m already a compulsive spender, so I can’t imagine the damage I’d do if I got to spend on an epic scale. But the very first purchase would have to be an awesome dinner out, at the best restaurant in town, plotting how to spend our millions. With spreadsheets. Cause that’s how I roll.

5. Repeat question. Summarize your week in real life and in blog land.
I was so busy in blogland, I forgot to do any work at the office! Oops. Oh well, better luck next week. Now I’m off to plan Easter dinner. My mom and Grandma are letting me host this year, and they never let me host. So, basically, they’re waiting for me to screw up. Wish me luck!

6 comments:

  1. I am SO WITH YOU ON CAPTCHA! I once did a blog explaining "no reply blogger" and I'm seriously thinking about doing a blog on "captcha" because I suspect people who have it may not even realize it is enabled, since THEY don't have to use it...or else not realize it really doesn't make a difference to remove it!

    I may be a robot too. It usually takes me at least 2 tries. Wouldn't you think a robot could do it in one, though? I may be a very stupid robot.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheri, I hope you do a blog post on it! I'm sure most people don't realize it's the default setting.

      Delete
  2. I usually scroll through at least 3 Captchas before I find one I can actually read.

    Dinner out is an AWESOME first spend. I love going out to eat but I have never ever gone with the mindset of "I can order anything I want"

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sure you will do great with hosting your first Easter!! The No Reply Blogger irritates me more than the captcha. Although, I am quite sure that a robot could figure the captcha before I do most of the time :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh boy, don't get me started on Captcha!! Have a great Easter weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Totally agree on captcha! Hope you had a great Easter!

    ReplyDelete