Progress Bar


Friday, January 18, 2013

Three Months

Today marks 12 weeks since my lap band surgery. I've lost 27.8 lbs in those 12 weeks (plus 20 lbs pre-op). I'm hoping next week puts me at a 50 lb weight-loss, because then I'm going to take some updated photos to compare to the ones I took the night before surgery. Also, I wouldn't mind being able to say "I've lost 50 pounds!" Know what I mean?

This morning's weigh-in showed a 3 lb weight loss from last week. So I guess my most recent fill is doing the trick. I think I am staying full longer, though I still get hungry before meal time. And not just hungry, but HUNGRY. I guess I'm never going to be one of those people who just never feels hungry. I'm reluctant to have any more fill added, since this last one has me getting that stuck feeling pretty easily, if I don't remember to take small bites and chew, chew, chew.

Next week is lap band support group. I've only been to one meeting previously, but I intend to be a regular attender. Almost all of the other women in the group have been super successful with their weight loss, and I've decided maybe that's contagious. And if so? I want in on it. Has anyone else found that to be the case with their group?

2 comments:

  1. You are in Austin, did you get banded at True Results by any chance? I am considering going to their support group. I was wondering how it was. I was banded through them on July 9th of 2013. Going for my first fill on Tuesday. I hope it helps with this crazy hunger that I have right now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jennifer! I did get banded by True Results. Due to my insurance, I had to use their surgical facility in San Antonio. I go to the Austin support group meetings and really enjoy them! I haven't been able to make a meeting this Summer - SO BUSY! But hope to attend the August one. It's on the third Thursday of the month. Hope to see you there!

      Delete