Progress Bar


Friday, January 4, 2013

Confession

I’ve been a lurker for months. I’ve read hundreds of blog entries, and sometimes entire blog archives, in my quest to find out as much as humanly possible about the weird piece of silicone I paid to have inserted into my stomach. There were many times that I wanted to comment on entries, to ask questions, offer encouragement or opinions. But I didn’t want to comment with my existing blogger account. I’m one of those people who’s not entirely “out” in my real life. I’ve chosen to tell only close friends and family (and my mother took care of telling the rest of the family). It was such a personal decision that I’m not willing to discuss with everyone in the world, especially some random idiot at the office.

I’m still not comfortable posting my current weight, starting weight, etc. Even my husband doesn’t know that information. I admire all of you who are willing to post before and after photos, and to document your progress in such detail. It’s so helpful for prospective and current bandsters to see how different the journey can be from person to person.

So, I have a separate online identity for this blog. One day, maybe I’ll merge the two, but I’m not there yet.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment