Progress Bar


Friday, May 17, 2013

Friday Weigh-In

Starting weight: 281 lbs
Surgery day: 261 lbs

Today's weight: 204.2

- 1.8 lb loss

-56.8 lbs loss since surgery
-76.8 lb loss overall

I've been quiet this week. I almost apologized for it, but then I figured y'all survived fine without me. And I have a hard time imagining anyone sitting around wondering where that crazy Kay has been. Just figure I'm off eating cookies. They were a Mother's Day present and they were delicious. Not sorry! But I did log extra steps in the fitbit for every single one of them.

It's been a fairly uneventful week, except for the sinus infection that's hit me, at the worst possible time. It's going to be a busy couple of weeks of doctor appointments, end of school, kindergarten graduation (ludicrous tradition) etc, before we're off to Disney World on June 2.

I'm toying more and more with the idea of quitting my job this Summer. The husband starts a new job at the end of the month, paying just a tiny bit more money, but with better insurance options. And I've been at my current job for nearly 11 years, have never loved it, and am so burnt out that I can barely stand it. I've been fantasizing about being a stay-at-home mom for a very long time now. Getting to walk my kiddo to and from school, keeping my house clean (and organized) without having to pay someone else to do it, grocery shopping on a week day! I'm going to keep crunching my budget spreadsheets until I can make it happen. I would do it tomorrow, but my company gives an annual bonus in August that would pay off a credit card or more. That would make the math work a bit better.

Hope y'all have a great weekend!

9 comments:

  1. Well done on the loss and fingers crossed you get to leave your job! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks MAri! I'll take all the crossed fingers I can get!

      Delete
  2. oh boy Disney World sounds like fun...you keep crunching those number...bet you figure out something!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Disney should be great! A nice break from number crunching!

      Delete
  3. Good job on that loss... I hope you guys can make it work so you can quit your job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I DID miss you, figured you were busy with work and life...eating cookies did not cross my mind. But apparently the cookie diet works for you - great loss!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Cheri! Far fewer cookies than I would have eaten prior to the band plus and making an effort to increase my fitbit steps.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay can't wait to hear about Disney!

    ReplyDelete