Progress Bar


Thursday, February 14, 2013

Adjusting

I had a fill appointment this morning. They added back .2 cc for a total of 6.1 in my 10 cc band. You may remember that I was at 6.2 cc when I was getting stuck on salmon and had them do a slight unfill. So we'll see how this goes.

This was a pretty rough adjustment. It took at least 10 minutes of jamming the needle in my abdomen with me trying to do a sit-up before she could find my port. Apparently I have a lot of scar tissue in that area, that makes it harder to find the port. But this was my roughest appointment by far. At one point, the NP stopped and asked if she should get one of the others to try. But I told her "no, maybe just some lidocaine?" And boy did that ever make a huge difference. I COULD HAVE BEEN DOING THAT ALL ALONG? We agreed that from now on, I'd be adjusted under the fluoroscope.

Happy Valentine's Day! Wish me good soup.

P.S. The NP said I don't have to wait an hour after eating before I can drink. She said the food has passed through the band within 15 minutes. Which, of course it has. But I can now officially drink 15 minutes after eating. I can't even believe it. It's like a whole new world has opened up. It's called cocktails.

1 comment: