Progress Bar


Friday, August 30, 2013

Thursday/Friday Weigh-In and a Recipe

Starting weight: 281 lbs
Surgery day: 261 lbs

Today's weight (er, Thursday's weight): 187.2

-  2.8 lb loss

-73.8 lbs loss since surgery
-93.8 lb loss overall

I have a confession to make. I've been weighing in on Thursdays. I've been recording my Thursday weight, but posting it on Fridays. Basically, I've been doing an experiment to see if I'm right, that Thursday is always my lowest weight of the week. I've been a walking fiend this week, and yesterday I only ate about 1000 calories, and this morning's weigh-in was STILL higher than yesterday morning's (by .4 lbs but STILL). I don't get it. But suffice it to say, I've switched to Thursday weigh-ins. Apparently, Friday is not my friend, even before I indulge in pizza and wine.

But hey! 2.8 lbs? Obviously, there's something to be said for a wine and queso detox.

This week, I went to a lap band appointment (no fill needed, per the NP), a dentist appointment, took care of two sickies (husband and kiddo on the same day!), had an Ikea shopping and lunch date with my mom, cleaned house, re-organized my son's room (which included  not one, but two trips to The Container Store), and did tons of shopping and errands. And people worried I would be bored after quitting my job? Um, I don't have time for Netflix, much less to be bored.

This week, I tried this chicken salad recipe I found on Pinterest. I made less than it called for (I only had two cups of chicken) but I'll be cutting it in half next time. It simply makes too much for a banded person (especially at the 1/2 cup servings I was eating). But it was YUM and super high in protein!

Yield: 6 servingsServing Size: 1 (3 oz)
Ingredients
  • 3 cups shredded cooked chicken
  • 1 cup celery, chopped
  • 1/2 cup chopped pecans
  • 1 cup chopped grapes
  • 1/4 cup finely chopped green onion
  • 3/4 cup reduced-fat miracle whip (I subbed Kraft Mayo with Olive Oil)
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 1/2 tsp black pepper
  • 1/2 tsp onion powder
Instructions
  1. In a large bowl, mix chicken, celery, chopped grapes, and green onion.
  2. In a small bowl, mix together miracle whip, salt, black pepper, and onion powder.
  3. Cover chicken mixture with dressing and stir until well mixed.
  4. Cover and chill chicken salad until ready to serve.
 
Now, I'm off to read about what you've all have been up to this week!

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE chicken salad and this sounds absolutely fantastic. I'll be making this one for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome loss! I also love chicken salad...yummy!

    ReplyDelete